SS, Impala, Sonic, and Cruze Demonstrate Possibilities of Personalization
The SEMA Show is the world’s largest convention of automotive aftermarket parts and accessories. This year, Chevrolet’s concepts of the 2015 lineup‘s most popular passenger vehicles will feature accessories designed to allow personalization, while maintaining excellent performance and ride characteristics. They will be debuted at the show between November 4th-7th, 2014.
Chevrolet’s 2015 passenger car lineup is one of the strongest and most competitive in the industry, offering customers a wide range of great-looking, great-driving and well-connected choices,” said Paul Edwards, vice president, Chevrolet Marketing. “They’re personal cars, too, and these concepts suggest possibilities of how to amplify Chevrolet’s heritage of performance and fun-to-drive spirit to make them even more personal.
Chevrolet SS Sport Concept
Inspired by Chevrolet’s motorsports heritage and its Australian lineage, the SS Sport concept gives the V-8-powered sports sedan a makeover that reflects its performance capability.
The SS is powered by a LS3 V-8 engine, delivering 415 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque. For 2015, it’s available with a new 6-speed manual transmission, along with a 6-speed, paddle-shift automatic. The 2015 SS will receive standard magnetic ride control which provides more precise body motion control that correlates with a more responsive and refined ride. They are also adding Brembo brakes to the rear to match the ones in the front.
Unique features for this concept include:
- enhanced Some Like It Red Hot exterior w/ body-color door handles and mirrors
- Chevrolet Accessories stripes for the hood and deck lid
- grille kit, fog lamp bezels, side fender vents, and rear spoiler
- high-gloss black 20-inch wheels
- floor mats and cargo tray sporting the Holden logo
Sonic Performance Concept
This performance-oriented Sonic hatchback concept draws on the legacy of Chevrolet’s high-performance vehicles re-imagined for a new generation of enthusiasts. The Sonic Performance concept features engine performance, suspension/brakes and appearance upgrades designed to be installed by Chevrolet dealers for quicker and easier personalization.
This concept package includes:
- Synergy Green exterior with white, offset stripes
- A Chevrolet Performance Stage Kit, cold-air induction, and a high-flow exhaust system – which all gives the 1.4L Turbo engine more power so it’s more fun to drive
- track-tuned suspension system that lowers the ride for a sportier stance
- white headlamp rings, tail lamp rings, grille surround, mirror covers, rear spoiler
- 17-inch white aluminum wheels
- advanced safety package that includes forward collision alert, lane departure warning, and rear vision camera
Sonic Accessories Concept
Built to highlight the personalization possibilities, Sonic Accessories concept allows mixing and matching of the latest accessories for unique treatments.
This package includes:
- Summit White exterior with an offset matte black stripe
- white headlamp rings and tail lamp rings
- black grille surround, mirror covers, and rear spoiler
- black 17-inch aluminum wheels
- suspension kit with lowered ride height
- a Kicker® subwoofer and amplifier to complement its street-smart style with the appropriate decibels
Impala Blackout Concept
There’s no doubt that the Impala‘s 2014 redesign was the best thing that ever happened to Chevy’s flagship sedan. It’s impressive styling in and out got it named Cars.com’s Best Car of 2014 and one of Kelley Blue Book’s 12 Best Family Cars of 2014 (along with the Chevy Traverse.) The blackout concept builds on the car’s aggressive, acclaimed styling with blacked-out cues that lend it a sinister attitude.
The Blackout Concept features:
- Chevrolet Accessories surround, rear spoiler, painted mirror caps, and 19-inch aluminum wheels
- all-black leather-trimmed interior with custom trim plates with a wire mesh pattern, stainless steel sills, and sport pedal kit
- 11-speaker Bose® Centerpoint® Surround sound system
Cruze RS Plus Concept
For 2015, the popular Chevrolet Cruze will be sporting its first redesign since it first hit lots in 2010 (2011 model year.) The new Chevy Cruze will have revised exterior styling, enhanced interior convenience, and greater connectivity – built in WiFi being our favorite.
The RS Plus package will feature:
- Wildfire Metallic exterior
- Jet Black interior with ambient lighting kit and illuminated door sills
- sport pedal kit
- Kicker® subwoofer and amplifier kit
- twin-stripe package in matte black
- unique fascias, rocker moldings, rear spoiler and fog lamps
- chrome accent rings on instrument cluster along with opaque cluster bezels that allow the cluster’s ice blue black lighting to shine through for a sporty nighttime appearance
- unique lower-body moldings and custom rear spoiler
- fresh-air intake for the 1.4L turbo engine
All of these concept packages allow buyers to customize their new Chevy’s without sacrificing the warranty from installing after-market accessories. Which one do you like the most? Vote in the poll below, or leave a comment with your feedback!
BONUS: Since we’re on the topic of Chevy Performance, check out Motor Trend’s 2015 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE – Head 2 Head (it’s long, but pretty fun to watch)