April 2nd was World Autism Awareness Day – a day where monuments and landmarks around the globe are lit up blue in support of the cause. Even though Jeff Gordon’s award-winning dealership in Wilmington is not (yet) considered a historic landmark, it will be joining the rest and lighting it up blue with its puzzle piece display, now up near South College Road! Every night throughout the month of April, these pieces will be illuminated to show support for Autism Awareness and get the word out for the dealership’s annual fundraising campaign. If you’re local to the Chevy dealership and see the display, snap a pic (only if it’s safe!) and post it with the hashtag #JGCFamily so we can see it!
Jeff Gordon Chevy’s Annual Fundraising Campaign
For the fourth consecutive year, Jeff Gordon Chevrolet has pledged to donate $25 for every new and pre-owned vehicle sold throughout the month of April to Oasis NC – A local non-profit here in Wilmington, NC dedicated to providing Outstanding Autism Support & Instructional Services for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and their families.
Oasis NC use evidence-based practices and highly individualized services & support to target a broad range of educational, behavioral, social, and communication needs. Funds raised through Jeff Gordon Chevy’s Autism Awareness campaign will go towards supporting all of these helpful practices to its students.
Help Us Support Oasis NC!
Jeff Gordon Chevy is calling on the community to help spread the word on this campaign throughout the month and there are several ways to do that:
- Make a purchase! If you’ve been considering upgrading or getting an additional vehicle, now is a great time to explore your options; Not just because of this campaign either – There are some really great incentives available right now, and plenty of selection!
- We understand that you may not be in the market now, or even for some time. But maybe you know someone that is… Tell them to at least come by and shop around with us! If they do purchase with us, that will mean money in your pocket for the referral as well (just make sure they mention you sent them.)
- Share the Facebook Event on your Facebook profile or Twitter feed to help get the word out about the campaign! Or, just hit the “Interested” button – Every little bit helps!
- Make a donation to Oasis NC directly on their website at OasisNC.org/Donate.
- Buy stuff on Amazon! When you make a purchase via Oasis NC’s Amazon Smile account, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase totals directly to them. Follow their link on OasisNC.org or log in with your existing Amazon account at smile.amazon.com and search Oasis NC to add them as your charity to support and make sure you always start on smile.amazon.com to make sure your purchases count.
Jeff Gordon Chevy is eagerly awaiting a visit at the dealership from the awesome kids and faculty of Oasis NC later this month. In the meantime, check out their visit from last year below! Feel free follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates on their upcoming appearance and more throughout the month! And of course, make sure to follow and keep up with Oasis on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates on the school and all the fun videos starring the students themselves.
OASIS NC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization committed to providing Outstanding Autism Support and Instructional Services for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and their families in southeastern North Carolina.