Wilmington, N.C- Sunday, March 31st the 11th Annual Cape Fear Corvette Show took place in Wilmington. Awards were presented for the top corvettes in all seven age groups, also special awards for best paint, best engine, best interior and best modified. It was a full day of fun with silent auction, 50/50 raffles, music, vendors and the National Corvette Museum Store! All of the net proceeds from the show benefited the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC and The Vietnam Veterans of America. Check out our full gallery to see some of the awesome Corvettes!
Wilmington, NC- The 61st running of the Daytona 500 is quickly approaching just days away! One of the most sought out sporting events of all time, the Daytona 500 will be held on February 17th.
In a unique start this year’s Daytona 500 will feature the 2019 Silverado 1500 as the official pace vehicle. This is the first time a pick-up truck will serve as the pace car in the Daytona 500, with two-time Daytona 500 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the driver’s seat.
Honored to pace the Daytona 500 in the Silverado 1500, Earnhardt Jr. said (as cited by Motor Authority, 2018) “Away from the track I’ve driven Chevy trucks all my life, and I’m excited to have this unique experience of pacing the Daytona 500 with the Silverado.” Earnhardt Jr. is a member of the Hendrick Motorsports family, and retired from racing in 2017. Earnhardt Jr. is now a race analyst for the NBCUniversal, and owner of JR Motorsports.
Under the Hood– Although the Silverado 1500 lacks the appearance of a traditional race car, under the hood it features a 6.2-litre V8 with 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque, packing a punch close in line with the Chevy Camaro.
Our very own Jeff Gordon will be commentating the Daytona 500 on Fox Sports. Gordon has won three Daytona 500’s 1997, 1999 and 2005. In 2015 Gordon’s final year of racing he won the pole at the Daytona 500, then in 2017 Gordon was the honorary pace car driver for the Daytona 500.
Although this is the first time for a pick-up truck to pace the Daytona 500, Chevrolet has been in the spotlight before pacing the “Great American Race” a total of 12 times; 5 of those times were with a Corvette, and 7 with a Camaro.
Proceeds to benefit pediatric cancer research
Starting May 5th, 2017, NASCAR Champion (and legend), Jeff Gordon, is going to be giving you the chance to win his personal Watkins Glen Gray Edition 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT Convertible, worth $98,000. The winner of the Corvette will be awarded by Jeff personally to sign over the title and take the car for one last spin before you get to take it home!
In addition to the drawing for the Corvette itself, Jeff is adding the chance for you to win up to $15,000! There will be three drawings of $5,000 each.
- Tickets purchased between May 5th – May 19th will be entered into the drawing for the Corvette and three drawings for $5,000 cash.
- Tickets purchased between May 20th – June 2nd will be entered into the drawing for the Corvette and two drawings for $5,000 cash.
- Tickets purchased between June 3rd – June 16th will be entered into the drawing for the Corvette and one drawing for $5,000 cash.
- Tickets purchased between June 17th – July 4th will be entered into the drawing for the Corvette only.
Tickets are just $100 and there are only 10,000 available! You can find the official rules for the contest and purchase your tickets at JeffGordonChildrensFoundation.org!
Childhood Cancer Statistics:
- Every hour, 2 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- Cancer is the Number One cause of death by disease for children.
- Only 3 new cancer drugs have been specifically developed to treat children in the past 40 years.
- Only 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget goes towards pediatric cancer.
- Pharmaceutical companies contribute minimal resources to pediatric cancer research.
- Unlike adult cancers, childhood cancer research relies heavily on private philanthropy.
About The Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation
The Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation was founded by four-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion, Jeff Gordon. The 501 (c)(3) public charity is dedicated to improving outcomes for children diagnosed with cancer. The Foundation has granted over $17 Million to date to help fund some of the most promising research in childhood cancer as well as open the Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital in Concord, North Carolina, and the Butaro Cancer Center of Excellence in Rwanda.
Internet in your car? It’s here. Chevrolet is the first and only car company to bring built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi to cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Early in 2014, Chevrolet announced that they would be introducing OnStar with AT&T’s 4G LTE technology starting with most 2015 year-model vehicles. (Read our post about it here.) The technology will be an optional feature that will be available with OnStar-equipped vehicles that are 4G LTE-ready, which will allow drivers to turn their vehicles into a mobile WiFi hotspot.
Starting with the Basics
The OnStar Basic Plan is included with the price of the vehicle for FIVE YEARS, which includes:
- RemoteLink Key Fob Services – Remote start, lock/unlock, honk horn, and flash your lights right from your smart phone.
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics lets you run a diagnostic check of your vehicle and receive monthly diagnostic emails.
- Directions and Connections – Free for the complimentary trial period associated with the vehicle brand and model.
OnStar with 4G LTE and Wi-Fi customers also get three months or 3GB of Wi-Fi Service (whichever comes first) just so you can test it out and see if you like it! So what can you do with 3 gigabytes of data? According to AT&T Support, 3GB is enough to:
- Send or receive about 4,200 emails with attachments
- Stream music for 36 hours
- Visit 600 web pages… or visit JeffGordonChevy.com 600 times
- Watch 5 hours of cat videos!
- Download 42 apps, games, or songs
- AND make 570 social media posts about how much better your car is better than everyone else’s because it has internet… and of course, share those cat videos you just watched for 5 hours.
- Be able to connect up to 7 devices at once! This includes your phones, tablets, laptops, and anything else you have that can connect to the internet.
- The fast, reliable WiFi hotspot is more powerful than a phone hotspot (and you won’t have the same problem with battery life that you would on your phone.)
- It’s always on when the vehicle is running, or in accessory mode. In accessory mode, average battery will provide up to a half-hour of usage. Actual time may vary based on battery health.
- The hotspot will extend up to 50 feet beyond the vehicle!
- After your trial period or anytime you need help, you’re still going to have the blue OnStar button right on your rear-view mirror!
Chevrolet is rolling out 4G LTE Wi-Fi on more models than any other car company, starting in June with the 2015 Malibu, Impala and Volt. Later this summer, the technology is coming to the 2015 Equinox, Silverado, Corvette, Sonic, and Spark.
Click here for more info on the OnStar with 4G LTE service.
For more information on the arrival of the 4G LTE-equipped models at Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC, just fill out the form below to send us an email! Or call us directly at (910)798-2650.
It’s not exactly “news” that the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky experienced a tragedy when a sinkhole unexpectedly swallowed eight Corvettes that were sitting in the Skydome exhibit of the museum last month – February 12th, 2014. The cars that fell victim to this event were:
- 1993 ZR1 Spyder
- 2009 “Blue Devil” ZR1
- 1962 Black Corvette
- 1984 PPG Pace Car
- 1992 White 1-Millionth Corvette
- 1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette
- 2001 Mallett Hammer Z06
- 2009 White 1.5-Millionth Corvette
Although you’ve probably already seen it, here’s a video of the Corvettes going under recorded by one of the museum’s security cameras.
Moving on. So, we were perusing the internet this morning and came across something that definitely caught our eye. People are starting to question whether this event was real or actually a hoax. Actually, let us rephrase. Some people are very confident that it’s definitely a hoax, such as this guy, who reviews pictures and videos of the event, pointing out that the cars look like matchbox or Hot Wheels.
But then Jalopnik came back with a contemptuous rebuttal with this article: The Corvette Museum Sinkhole Says Very Sane Internet Man. Author, Jason Torchinsky, encompasses the question: Can we really believe everything that we read or see on the internet? …But in a much more sarcastic tone. One of my favorite things that he points out in the article is this:
Also, this guy is the only one with the b**** to call out Chevrolet’s use of carbon fiber for Corvette bodies, and not that “fiberglass” b******* they’ve been claiming since the 1950s. Oldest trick in the book — call your crazy expensive material something much, much cheaper, and rake in the money.
(We had to censor the bad words and correct Jason’s spelling mistake – you can see all the words in that link we included before.)
Jason makes another good point though: Why in the world would the Corvette Museum concoct this huge plan to fake a sinkhole to swallow Corvettes that, collectively, are worth millions of dollars?
Unfortunately, we don’t know. But we want to hear what you think: Is it totally real and conspiracy theorists are just bored and looking for something to poke at? Or is it a hoax and the people at the Corvette Museum decided that they wanted to pick up the new hobby of creating special movie effects? Leave us a comment with your opinions!
Check out the Corvette Museum’s Blog for updates on the sinkhole and its recovery.
Valentine’s Day is only 3 days away and most are guilty of waiting until the very last minute to figure out what to buy their honey for this day dedicated to love, chocolate, teddy bears, and flowers. Luckily, Jeff Gordon Chevrolet has 14 great gift ideas for you to make sure your loved one knows that they are loved.
We have something to fit everybody’s needs. Click the images below!
Once you’ve chosen the perfect match for your valentine, visit JeffGordonChevy.com to get started.
With Jeff Gordon Chevrolet’s Shop-Click-Drive program, you can create your deal online without your Valentine suspecting a thing. Once you pick out the perfect Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, Impala, Equinox, Traverse, Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado, or Volt, we’ll work with you to devise a plan to make sure this holiday is unforgettable.
Don’t live near Jeff Gordon Chevrolet? No problem. With our exclusive Door-to-Door Delivery program, we can deliver right to your front door, anywhere in the country! So, what are you waiting for? Get started now! And, for immediate assistance, call the internet sales hotline at (888)261-0090.
*Jeff Gordon Chevrolet is not responsible for any neglect that may be experienced after purchase due to recipient’s love of their new car.
by Vette Magazine