Wilmington, N.C. – Took the new Chevrolet 2019 Camaro LT 6-speed manual around Wilmington Tuesday. This was a fun beauty to drive around! It gets 16 city/ 27 hwy, it is priced at $38,790. Stop by today to check it out and take it for a test drive!
In 2019 the Silverado legacy expanded. It’s BIGGER, STRONGER, and more dependable than ever before! By completely rebuilding from the ground up, Chevrolet has brought to market its longest lasting pickup of all-time.
The 2019 Silverado is wider and taller, with a longer wheelbase giving an extra 2 inches of back seat legroom. The truck bed is widened by 7 inches. To lighten the overall weight Chevrolet is using an aluminum on the hood, tailgate and both doors, while the bed itself remains steel. The all new Chevrolet is packed with technology turning this everyday work truck into a pickup that is also perfect for a night out! With the highly insulated cab you will feel as if you’re in your own world. There are 8 different trim levels to choose from. Packed under the hood is up to 420 horsepower with available 6.2 L EcoTec3 V8 engine, and 6 PowerTrains. Advanced trailering technology and active safety features are a must to keep your drive simple and safe!
Chevy invested heavily into making sure the all new Silverado came equipped with a myriad of technology features. With an 8 inch wide infotainment screen on the center stack the Silverado is easier to navigate and has more accessibility. With more features than the previous generations, there is Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a trailering app (available smartphones), 4G LTE Wi-Fi, hitch view camera, climate controls in-screen and through buttons/dials, microphones for both the driver and passenger for clearer hands-free phone calls. The push-button start has been added to the Chevrolet Silverado, and a quality heads-up display (HUD). An optional class-exclusive HUD that’s easy to read and configure comes with the 2019 Silverado.
Chevrolet’s number one concern has always been safety of their drivers. With the new Silverado it is the perfect combination of brains and brawn giving the ultimate safety pickup truck. To help the driver and passengers stay out of harm’s way while on or off the road, the available active safety features along with the high-strength steel safety cage ensures the safety of all inside the truck.
The hardest-working Silverado of all-time has been redesigned to be lighter, larger and stronger than ever before! The most functional bed of any pickup combines high-strength roll-formed steel, more cargo volume than any other truck and 12 standard tie-downs, with innovative features also available such as industry-first power-up/-down tailgate. With 20% more cargo volume Chevrolet knocks the competition out of the ballpark. Two convenient power tailgate options are offered for the Durabed making loading and unloading even easier. The power release tailgate is available on the Work Truck, Custom, Custom Trail Boss and LT, and standard on RST, LT Trail Boss and LTZ. It can be automatically lowered by using the key fob, a button inside the cabin or a touchpad on the gate itself. An optional tailgate is the industry-first Power-Up/-Down Tailgate. It takes the functionality of the Power Release tailgate a step further by letting the user raise the tailgate with just a push of a button. This feature is available on the LTZ and standard on High Country. Additional enhancement such as available 120-volt outlet near the tailgate, lighting around the hitch, cargo box, and perimeter of the truck and larger CornerStep footwells are all available to make the life of the consumer easier.
- Starts at $32,200
- Chevrolet graphic grille and tailgate
- Blacked-out grille, bumpers and trim
- Ecotec2 4.3L V6 engine with Active Fuel Management™
- 12 standard Durabed tie-downs
- Starts at $38,800
- Keyless Open and Start
- Body-color center bar, bumpers and door handles
- LED headlamps, taillamps, foglamps and cargo area lighting
- 18-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Starts at $43,000
- Chrome grille, center bar, bumpers, mirror caps, door handles, and beltline accents
- 18-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Advanced trailering features
- Perforated leather-appointed seating
- Starting at $36,900
- Chrome center bar, bumpers, and mirror caps
- 8-inch digonal color touch-screen display
- 17-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- LED headlamps with LED signature daytime running lamps
- Starting at $48,300
- 2-inc factory suspension lift with Z71 Off-Road Package
- 18-inch Black wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Off-Road tires
- Autotrac® 2-speed transfer case
- Ecotec3 5.3L V8 engine with Dynamic Fuel Management and dual exhaust
- Starts at $53,000
- Exclusive grille and center bar with two-tone Bronze and Chrome finish
- Industry-first Power Up/Down tailgate
- High-intensity LED (HID) headlamps
- 20-inch machined-aluminum wheels
- Starts at $39,500
- 2-inch factory suspension lift
- Z71 Off-Road Package
- 18-inch Black wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Off-Road tires
- Autotrac® 2-speed transfer case
- Starts at $34,600
- 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen
- Signature LED taillamps
- 20-inch Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
If you haven’t taken the all new Chevrolet Silverado on a test driver yet stop by Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC! On Friday, March 8th wewill be hosting our Silverado Open House held at the dealership. Test drive any of our 2019 Silverado models, and learn about what makes it stand out from the competition. We will have prizes and giveaways throughout the day with staff on hand to answer any of your questions!
Are you ready to take your off-roading adventures to the extreme? Chevrolet has teamed up with American Expedition Vehicles (AEV)for the first time to bring you the new Colorado ZR2 Bison and we have it right here in Wilmington, NC at Jeff Gordon Chevrolet.
This Bison will be ready to take off-roading as soon as you take it off the lot, as it comes equipped with many protective features straight out of the factory.
5 skid plates which cover the engine oil pan, fuel tank, transfer case, and both front and rear locking differentials. The 5 skid plates are constructed of hot-stamped Boron steel which is a rarity for a production vehicle.
AEV- designed stamped steel front and rear bumpers is also a key focus on off-road protection. The steel bumpers give you excellent protection while traversing obstacles like rocks and logs.
Other key components are; trail recovery with the front featuring winch provisions and recovery points which are integrated into the rear. Another one is standard fog lights below the traditional headlights.
Rather than the traditional Chevrolet bow-tie, the Bison will have an exclusive flow-through “CHEVROLET” lettering grille. “Bison” decals are on the bedsides along with an “AEV Bison” logo on the tailgate of the new Colorado variant.
Wrapping the all-new ZR2 Bison-specific 17×8 inch aluminum tires wheels are the 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac off-road tires. A standard all-terrain ZR2 Bison spare tire comes with the truck along with special larger ZR2 Bison fender flares, the Bison-specific wheels and fender flares were co-developed by AEV.
- Bedliner, Spray-on, Black with Chevrolet logo (Includes ZR2 logo.)
- Bumpers, rear, Black
- Cargo box light, back of the cab
- Door handles, body-color
- Glass, windshield shade band
- Headlamps, projector type
- Mirror, spotter, located in corner of driver-side outside mirror
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding
- Moldings, Black beltline
- Pickup box
- Tailgate handle, Black (Not available with (SCZ) Chrome tailgate handle, LPO.)
- Tailgate, EZ-Lift, and Lower
- Tailgate, locking
- Tire, spare P265/65R17 all-terrain, blackwall
- Tires, P265/65/R17 all-terrain, blackwall, 31″ Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac
- Wheel, spare, 17″ x 8″ (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum
- Wheels, 17″ x 8″ (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum
- Window, rear-sliding, manual
The Bison features embroidered AEV-logo floor liners and headrests. Along with all of these other features:
- Air conditioning, single-zone automatic climate control
- Console, floor, front compartment, custom
- Console, overhead
- Cruise control, electronic, automatic
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Display, driver instrument information enhanced, multi-color
- Door locks, power
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
- Floor mats, carpeted front (Not available with (ULV) Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition.)
- Floor mats, carpeted rear (Not available with (ULV) Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition.)
- Handles, door release, front, and rear, Chrome
- Lighting, interior, dual reading
- Lighting, interior, roof, rear courtesy and dual reading lights (Crew Cab models only.)
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
- Remote Keyless Entry, extended range
- Remote vehicle starter system
- Seat adjuster, 4-way power front passenger
- Seat adjuster, driver 6-way power
- Seat adjuster, power driver lumbar control
- Seat adjuster, power passenger lumbar control
- Seat, rear folding bench (Crew Cab models only.)
- Seats, front bucket
- Seats, heated driver, and front passenger
- Speedometer, miles/kilometers
- Steering column, tilt and telescopic
- Steering wheel controls mounted audio controls
- Steering wheel, heated
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Theft-deterrent system, immobilization
- Theft-deterrent system, unauthorized entry
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated sliding vanity mirrors
- Windows, power with driver Express-Up and Down
- Wireless Charging for compatible cell phones (expanded capability)
Want to take this beauty for a test drive or even better take it home? Come by Jeff Gordon Chevrolet to check it out! See all of the awesome features, and plan your new off-roading experience with the all-new Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison.
Wilmington, NC- Although it is February in Wilmington, North Carolina it feels like spring. Which means it is time to load up the all new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and get out on the beach to enjoy this beautiful “winter weather” this weekend! See how we used the Silverado 1500 Trail Boss LT this week with our full gallery!
Apple’s Worldwide Developer’s Conference revealed 6 major updates to the newest iOS, including one that will work to prevent you from texting or getting distracted by any notifications from your phone when you are on the road.
How it works:
If the iPhone is connected to your vehicle via a USB charging cable or Bluetooth, or the car is moving, the phone will withhold any text or app notifications when you opt to have the feature turned on. If you do happen to get a text while you’re driving, your phone will send an automatic text in response letting the person know that you’re driving right now and are unable to respond. Additionally, the iPhone screen will lock to prevent the use of any apps while the vehicle is in motion. You can also tell the app that you are the passenger to disable those notification-blocks.
So this is a great idea on Apple’s part to help prevent distracted driving, which is a major issue. But it makes us wonder: How would it work if your vehicle is a Chevy equipped with Apple CarPlay and Siri Eyes Free texting? We’ll have to wait and see.
In addition, the new operating system will have Siri translations, live photo enhancements, floorplan update for Maps, a way to easily transfer payments between individuals with ApplePay, and a more customizable, one page iOS control center. Like most new iOS releases, 11 will probably be made available upon release of the iPhone 8.
Want to learn more? Check out this video courtesy of 9to5Mac.com going over every new feature they could find within the new iOS for both Apple iPad and iPhone.
It’s April Fool’s Day but this is no joke! Chevrolet unveiled the all-new 2016 Malibu this morning and we think it’s quite amazing… Check out the photos and share your thoughts below!
The following information was originally published by GM News – Click here to view the original article.
DETROIT – Chevrolet today introduced the all-new 2016 Malibu – a completely restyled midsize sedan engineered to offer more efficiency, connectivity and advanced safety features than ever.
An all-new hybrid powertrain, which leverages technology from the Chevrolet Volt, will help offer a GM-estimated 48 mpg city, 45 mpg highway – and 47 mpg combined, unsurpassed in the segment. The Malibu’s standard 1.5L turbo powertrain is projected to offer 37 mpg highway.
The 2016 Malibu is also longer and lighter, with more interior space and improved fuel efficiency. Its wheelbase has been stretched close to four inches (101 mm), and it is nearly 300 pounds (136 kg) lighter than the current model.
“Midsize customers tell us they want great fuel economy, connected technologies, wrapped in a gorgeous exterior. This is exactly what the 2016 Malibu was engineered to do,” said Jesse Ortega, Malibu chief engineer.
The 2016 Malibu goes on sale in the fourth quarter of 2015. Additional vehicle highlights:
- Available segment-exclusive OnStar 4G LTE in-vehicle connectivity as well as available wireless phone charging
- Agile, sophisticated and sleek exterior design incorporates sophisticated details that advance Chevrolet’s signature cues
- Standard preventive safety technologies include 10 standard air bags, with available features such as Forward Collision Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Automatic Parking Assist is also available
- All-new Teen Driver feature, which allows parents to view their kids’ driving statistics, such as maximum speed, warning alerts and more
- All-new, power-dense Ecotec 1.5L turbo engine with fuel-saving stop/start technology is standard, offering a GM-estimated 160 hp (119 kW)
- High-output 2.0L turbo with GM-estimated 250 hp (186 kW) is available and is mated with a new eight-speed automatic transmission.
The new Malibu will be offered in L, LS, LT and Premier trims, as well as the Hybrid model. The Premier trim, Chevrolet’s new uplevel designation, debuts in the 2016 Malibu. Additional model and trim details will be announced closer to the start of production.
Malibu Hybrid technology
The 2016 Malibu introduces new strong hybrid technology that leverages components and knowledge directly from the plug-in Chevrolet Volt. The Malibu Hybrid offers a GM-estimated 48 mpg city, 45 mpg highway and 47 mpg combined – while maintaining the styling, comfort, driving dynamics and connectivity as gas-only models.
An all-new, direct-injection 1.8L four-cylinder engine mated to a two-motor drive unit, slightly modified from the 2016 Chevrolet Volt drive unit, powers the Malibu Hybrid. The drive unit provides additional power to assist the engine during acceleration, for 182 horsepower (136 kW) of total system power.
The engine also features Chevrolet’s first application of Exhaust Gas Heat Recovery, or EGHR, technology, which uses exhaust heat to warm the engine and cabin. EGHR improves engine warm up and ensures consistent fuel economy performance in cold weather. Additional fuel economy benefits come from Exhaust Gas Recirculation, or EGR.
An 80-cell, 1.5 kWh lithium-ion battery pack provides electric power to the hybrid system. It can power the Malibu Hybrid up to 55 miles per hour (88 km/h) on electricity alone. The gasoline-powered engine automatically comes on at higher speeds and high loads to provide additional power.
In addition to the drive unit, the Malibu Hybrid also shares the 2016 Volt’s blended regenerative braking system, which provides maximum kinetic energy recovery during braking to be stored into the battery system to help maintain charge, and drive unit power electronics.
Turbocharged performance and efficiency
An all-new, Ecotec 1.5L turbo is the standard engine in the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu, offering a GM-estimated 37 mpg on the highway. It is part of a new global family of small-displacement gas engines designed with greater power density to deliver confident performance with excellent efficiency.
The new 1.5L turbo employs the stop/start technology introduced on the 2014 Malibu, which enhances efficiency in stop-and-go driving, contributing to a GM-estimated 27 mpg in city driving – an 8-percent increase over the current model. On the highway, 1.5L-equipped models also feature active grille shutters that reduce aerodynamic drag to optimize efficiency.
The Malibu’s more-efficient standard engine delivers a GM-estimated 160 horsepower (119 kW) and 184 lb-ft of torque (250 Nm). The torque is comparable to the current model’s standard 2.5L naturally aspirated engine in a vehicle package that’s nearly 300 pounds lighter.
A higher-output 2.0L turbocharged engine is available, offering a GM-estimated 250 horsepower (186 kW) and 258 lb-ft of torque (350 Nm), for a higher degree of performance – but not at the expense of good efficiency. Malibu 2.0T models are GM-estimated at 22 mpg in the city and 32 on the highway.
An all-new, GM-developed eight-speed automatic transmission – the first eight-speed automatic in a GM front-wheel-drive vehicle – contributes to the 2.0T’s balance of performance and efficiency. The 1.5L turbo engine is matched with a six-speed automatic.
Teen Driver and an expanded range of safety features
Teen Driver, a standard feature on most trim levels of the next-generation Malibu, supports safe driving habits by muting the audio or any device paired with the vehicle when front-seat occupants aren’t wearing their safety belts. Teen Driver also provides audible and visual warnings when the vehicle is traveling over predetermined speeds.
To use Teen Driver, a parent enables the feature with a PIN in the Settings menu of the Malibu’s MyLink system, which allows them to register their teen’s key fob. The system’s settings are turned on only to registered key fobs.
Chevrolet is the first in the industry with a built-in system that lets parents view on a display how their teenager drove the vehicle. Maximum speed reached, distance driven and number of times active safety features were engaged are among the parameters that can be confirmed.
Teen Driver complements a roster of standard and available safety features, including a rear-view camera system standard on LS, LT, Hybrid and Premier models.
- Ten air bags, including front-seat knee air bags, head-curtain side-impact air bags and seat-mounted side air bags, are also standard.
- Rear-view camera system is standard on LS, LT, Hybrid and Premier models.
Available active safety features include:
- Front Pedestrian Alert that uses a forward-looking camera to help avoid or reduce the harm caused by crashes with pedestrians ahead of the vehicle. The system can apply automatic last-second braking
- New Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
- New Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Intellibeam, which automatically switches the headlamps to high beam for better road illumination and improved visibility
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Automatic Braking
- Automatic Parking Assist.
Sleeker design with lighter, stronger body structure
With a wheelbase stretching 3.6 inches (91 mm) longer than the current Malibu, along with a 2.3-inch (58 mm) longer overall length and the same overall width, the 2016 Malibu strikes a sleeker-looking proportion. The added wheelbase helps provide better in-cabin comfort and functionality.
With styling influenced by the 2014 Impala, the all-new Malibu advances Chevrolet’s global design language with features such as slim, sweeping headlamps and a progressive take on the brand’s characteristic dual-port grille. Three body-side creases also add drama to the design and help distinguish the Malibu as a contemporary Chevy.
The hood and the cowl – the area where the windshield meets the hood – are lower than the current model and contribute to the Malibu’s greater aerodynamic performance, as do active grille shutters on LS and LT models.
Premium design cues are incorporated on all models, with contemporary lighting technology featured across the lineup, including light-emitting diode (LED) daytime running lamps on LT and Premier models. The Malibu Premier also receives LED taillamps.
Beneath the new Malibu’s athletic-looking skin is a stronger, lighter body structure that contributes to its efficiency and driving dynamics. Greater use of high-strength steels enabled engineers to design the body structure with thinner components in some areas, delivering comparable crash performance with lower weight. The all-new body structure accounts for more than one-third of the Malibu’s nearly 300-pound weight reduction.
Roomier, more comfortable and more connected interior
The longer wheelbase allows a more open execution of Chevrolet’s signature dual-cockpit interior. Rear legroom improves by 1.3 inches (33 mm).
The cabin’s open, expansive feel is reinforced with a greater emphasis on comfort, convenience and connectivity, allowing the Malibu to keep pace with customers’ connected lives. Highlights include:
- Chevrolet MyLink with a seven-inch-diagonal color capacitive touch screen is standard on LS, LT and Hybrid models
- Chevrolet MyLink with an eight-inch-diagonal capacitive touch screen is available on LT and Hybrid models and standard on Premier model
- Chevrolet MyLink with navigation is available with the eight-inch MyLink system and features three-dimensional map views for most major U.S. cities and attractions
- All-new Teen Driver feature is supported by the eight-inch MyLink system, allowing parents to restrict certain vehicle functions to support safer driving and to view their kids’ driving statistics such as maximum speed, warning alerts and more
- OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot is standard on all models with a three-month/3GB data trial (whichever comes first)
- Wireless phone charging available on LT and Hybrid and standard on Premier
- Dual rear-seat USB ports and a 110-volt power outlet is optional on LT and standard on Premier trim.
The instrument panel “center stack” is all-new, with greater delineation between the infotainment system and climate system controls for easier, at-a-glance operation. The Malibu’s interior is also features:
- Galvano (satin) chrome accents on the instrument panel and center console
- Dedicated storage slot for mobile phones, which incorporates wireless charging, if equipped
- Perforated leather-appointed seating surfaces available on LT and Hybrid and standard on Premier
- Ventilated seats – a first for Malibu – are standard on Premier.
The 2016 Malibu will be built from globally sourced parts at GM’s Fairfax Assembly Plant, in Kansas City, Kansas. The plant received a $600 million investment in paint shop and tooling upgrades in 2013.
FAST FACT: The 2016 Malibu represents the ninth generation of Chevrolet’s signature midsize sedan. It was introduced in 1964.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling around 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
New Nanny System called “Teen Driver” Helps Keep An Eye On Kids Behind the Wheel
If you haven’t heard yet, Chevrolet plans to unveil the all-new 2016 Malibu at the 2015 New York International Auto Show this April. Chevrolet has teased a couple of photos, and just let out another piece of information that parents, or even spouses who don’t trust their significant others’ driving skills, will absolutely love.
It’s a new nanny system called “Teen Driver” and what it does is what some parents might call a God-send. We surely all remember being teenagers and finally getting the rite of passage of being able to drive — Finally! Most of us also didn’t have a car as soon as we got our license… So what did we do? Borrow Mom or Dad’s car.. of course! What we did, where we went, was none of your parent’s business as long as we were behind the wheel, and you did eventually come home with the groceries you were asked to get while you were out.
Well now we’re all grown up and have, or we’re about to have, teens getting ready to drive – Now we know why our parents were so anxious. After being in their shoes, you KNOW how irresponsible some teen drivers can be, especially with the technology available that causes distractions that we never even had. For a number of reasons, teens are the cause of a great percentage of traffic accidents. (You can read more about that from the CDC here.) So, wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way we could tell how our teen is driving when you’re not in the passenger’s seat?
Yes. It would. We think, anyway. “Teen Driver” on the new 2016 Malibu will be the revolutionary technology tool to put your mind and heart at ease allowing you to promote safe driving habits. Here are some of the things you’ll be able to control with this new system:
- While most parents would probably love to limit the highest speed of the vehicle, the system doesn’t do exactly that, but will warn a teen visually or audibly when he/she is traveling over preset speeds. So for example, if you live in a town where the max speed is 55 MPH, you can set an audio or visual warning when that speed is exceeded to tell the teen to slow down.
- To ensure that people are using seatbelts, you could tell the system to mute the audio of the radio, or devices paired with the car until both driver and passenger fasten up.
- You can set a limit on how loud your teen can blast the radio, because we all know how they love doing that.
- There is also a report card function that saves data from when your brand new Chevy was in your teen’s possession including: max speed, how many miles they drove, and how many times the active safety features (rear cross-traffic alert, forward collision alert, etc.) were engaged.
The Teen Driver feature will be standard on the 2016 Malibu’s Premier trim and optional on LT models if equipped with the Convenience Package and up-level radio. To enable the feature, the parent simply sets a PIN through the Chevrolet MyLink system, which allows you to register your teen’s key fob (or, the one that they primarily use).
What do you think?
As we mentioned briefly before, we think that this is an absolutely awesome bit of technology that would help both put parents of new drivers at ease when giving their kids a little bit more freedom on the road, and at the same time, help teens practice safe-driving. We hope it does make a difference and lessens the risk of accidents caused by inexperienced drivers and we’re excited to see what other models will adopt this same feature on Chevrolet’s lineup. What do you think about it? Share your thoughts and opinions by leaving a comment below! We’d also love to hear how you implement (or have implemented) safe driving techniques & practices for your teens.
The redesigned mid-sized sedan is expected to arrive at Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, North Carolina, in the last quarter of 2015. To received a notification on its arrival, fill out the contact form below, or subscribe to our blog to keep up with updates on the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Malibu as we receive more details!