April 2nd was World Autism Awareness Day – a day where monuments and landmarks around the globe are lit up blue in support of the cause. Even though Jeff Gordon’s award-winning dealership in Wilmington is… More
Wilmington, NC-The first day of Spring was an overcast in Wilmington, but April showers brings May flowers! Even with the overcast we were able to get some great shots of the Chevrolet 2019 Northsky Blue Metallic Silverado 1500 RST! We went to Humble Roots Farm for some fresh vegetables and eggs, then took this beauty around town. Want this truck to be yours? Schedule an appointment to pick it up by clicking here!
Grab your pup, family and friends and support a local non-profit.
Join Canines for Service on March 23rd from 9 am to Noon at Hugh Macrae Park for the 13th annual Walk & Dog Dash and maybe, you and your pooch could be big winners. The Walk & Dog Dash is a fun-filled event with a 1.5 mile walk/fun run, vendors, food, music, dog activities, professional photos and much more!
And, of course, the Dog contests are back! There will be dog contests that includes puppy pie eating contest, best costume, dog & owner look alike competition, best trick, and biggest/smallest dog awards.
Not only will you have tons of fun at this event with your pup but proceeds from the event will go to help rescue homeless animals in our community and train them to change the lives of Veterans and non-Veterans with disabilities. Your registration will include access to the vendors and contest, a 2019 Walk & Dog Dash T-Shirt, a bandanna for your pup and a BBQ lunch from Cooper’s BBQ Heaven. Registration costs only $25 for adults, $20 for students (13-22 years old), and it’s FREE for kids 12 and under. But most-importantly, your contribution will go to help others and save the life of a homeless pup.
What is Canines for Service?
Canines for Service (CFS) is a local organization dedicated to empowering people with disabilities an opportunity to achieve a greater independence as well as enhancing their quality of life and the quality of life for a once homeless furry friend.
CFS was established in December 1996 when CEO/ Founder Rick Hairston moved to Wilmington and he realized there were no service dog organizations in southeastern North Carolina. Hairston gained experience in raising and training service dogs with an internationally known service dog organization in St. Louis Missouri. His 25-plus years of experience in training service dogs helped him understand how a service dog can help give comfort to those with disabilities and their families.
“One of the greatest gifts is serving others,” says Rick Hairston, Founder, President & CEO. “I have committed by life to the service of people with disabilities to meet their needs with the highest quality service dog possible. As a person who uses a service dog myself, I understand the need for these incredible animals and the gift they are to the people we serve.”
Saturday is approaching quickly but there is still time to register. Get your furry friend out of the house to hang out around other pups, make new friends, enjoy a nice run and some fun activities! Your pup needs friends too, so let your pup have the opportunity to rub noses with other pooches and make some new friends during a doggy filled day!
It’s that time of the year again! The time when you can have a playful game with the office, with friends, with families, or just strangers. College basketball will consume most people’s lives for the new few weeks.
Sunday, March 17th is not only St. Patrick’s Day but it is Selection Sunday for the 2019 NCAA Tournament. March Madness Live will have the selection show from 6 to 7 PM ET and CBS will nationally broadcast it.
College basketball fans already got a taste from the NCAA men’s basketball Selection Committee of what the top four seeds in each may look like. During the third annual Bracket Preview Show they revealed Duke, Tennessee, Virginia and Gonzaga as the four projected No. 1 seeds.
Where to watch
Might as Well Bar & Grill
Might as Well Bar & Grill is the perfect place to enjoy the college basketball tournament with friends. It’s your local sports restaurant with a great atmosphere, friendly service, affordable prices!
Your local Tavern 14 is the perfect place for any basketball or sports fan. The staff is very welcoming with the great Wilmington southern hospitality, with good bar food and many TV’s. You can also enjoy billiards, darts, skeeball or other adult games.
“Live Like A Local” at Banks Channel and enjoy college basketball and enjoy trivia every Tuesday night! There are multiple flat screen TV’s perfect to watch the games on, great food options! It’s much more than just your typical restaurant!
Need a bracket? We have one for you! Download and print out this bracket! At the end of the tournament, send the bracket back to us on social media Twitter @JeffGordonSales, Instagram @JeffGordonChevrolet, Facebook @JeffGordonChevrolet using #ChevyMadness, whoever has the closest winning bracket will get a Jeff Gordon Chevrolet t-shirt and a Chevrolet Silverado Hoodie!
- The St. Patrick’s Day parade tradition first took place in New York City on March 17, 1962 when Irish soldiers who served in the English military held a march to help reconnect with their Irish heritage.
- New York City and Boston are home to the largest celebrations of St. Patrick’s Day parades, and there are more than 100 parades held across the United States.
- Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish.
- The traditional Irish soda bread gets its name and distinctive character from the use of baking soda.
- The shamrock was a sacred plant in Ireland because it symbolized the rebirth of spring. The Celts called it “semory”.
There are many things to do with your family, there are also causes that you can be part of during this fun holiday weekend.
Fun for all to celebrate the Irish Spirit in Downtown Wilmington, NC! Saturday, March 16th the St. Patrick’s Day Parade will march on Front Street beginning at Red Cross Street, the parade will start at 11:00 AM looping through the streets of downtown Wilmington for 60-90 minutes. The parade will end at 2nd and Market Streets where the family-oriented festival will take over with food, music and festivities.
There is no admission charge for either of the events. There will be traditional Irish music, entertainment, dance performances, food, beverages and crafts available for sale. The festivities will happen either rain or shine so be sure to get decked out in GREEN and enjoy a full day of St. Patrick’s Day festivities!
Start your weekend off with a 5K or 10K which helps local cancer patients. The 15th Annual Steve Haydu St. Patrick’s Day Lo Tide Run takes place at Carolina Beach Boardwalk, Carolina Beach, NC on Saturday, March 16th, registration begins at 7am, 10K begins at 8:00 AM, 5K starts at 8:30 AM, and the Awards Ceremony is at 9:30 AM at the Gazebo Stage, all times are subject to change. You can signup all the way until race day!
What is St. Patrick’s Day without a little running right? Compete in the 1st Annual Shamrocks & Shenanigans Virtual 4 miler event. Yes that says Virtual, celebrate your race with runners from all around the world. Make running fun, bring your friends together, have friends in another state or country? Have them join in as well! Run 4 miles any time from March 1st, 2019 until March 31st, 2019. You’ll get an official tvek race bib, official Shamrocks & Shenanigans 4 Miler Finisher medal which will include 4 leaf mile markers which will be added to your finishers medal. Get the whole family involved, get active, and have fun this St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day is a time for fun and to remember the Irish traditions. Party hard but be safe. If you do not want to go out there’s always alot of things that you can do for fun at home with your friends and family! Happy St. Patrick’s Day, don’t forget to wear GREEN! May the luck of the Irish be with you.
In 2019 the Silverado legacy expanded. It’s BIGGER, STRONGER, and more dependable than ever before! By completely rebuilding from the ground up, Chevrolet has brought to market its longest lasting pickup of all-time.
The 2019 Silverado is wider and taller, with a longer wheelbase giving an extra 2 inches of back seat legroom. The truck bed is widened by 7 inches. To lighten the overall weight Chevrolet is using an aluminum on the hood, tailgate and both doors, while the bed itself remains steel. The all new Chevrolet is packed with technology turning this everyday work truck into a pickup that is also perfect for a night out! With the highly insulated cab you will feel as if you’re in your own world. There are 8 different trim levels to choose from. Packed under the hood is up to 420 horsepower with available 6.2 L EcoTec3 V8 engine, and 6 PowerTrains. Advanced trailering technology and active safety features are a must to keep your drive simple and safe!
Chevy invested heavily into making sure the all new Silverado came equipped with a myriad of technology features. With an 8 inch wide infotainment screen on the center stack the Silverado is easier to navigate and has more accessibility. With more features than the previous generations, there is Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a trailering app (available smartphones), 4G LTE Wi-Fi, hitch view camera, climate controls in-screen and through buttons/dials, microphones for both the driver and passenger for clearer hands-free phone calls. The push-button start has been added to the Chevrolet Silverado, and a quality heads-up display (HUD). An optional class-exclusive HUD that’s easy to read and configure comes with the 2019 Silverado.
Chevrolet’s number one concern has always been safety of their drivers. With the new Silverado it is the perfect combination of brains and brawn giving the ultimate safety pickup truck. To help the driver and passengers stay out of harm’s way while on or off the road, the available active safety features along with the high-strength steel safety cage ensures the safety of all inside the truck.
The hardest-working Silverado of all-time has been redesigned to be lighter, larger and stronger than ever before! The most functional bed of any pickup combines high-strength roll-formed steel, more cargo volume than any other truck and 12 standard tie-downs, with innovative features also available such as industry-first power-up/-down tailgate. With 20% more cargo volume Chevrolet knocks the competition out of the ballpark. Two convenient power tailgate options are offered for the Durabed making loading and unloading even easier. The power release tailgate is available on the Work Truck, Custom, Custom Trail Boss and LT, and standard on RST, LT Trail Boss and LTZ. It can be automatically lowered by using the key fob, a button inside the cabin or a touchpad on the gate itself. An optional tailgate is the industry-first Power-Up/-Down Tailgate. It takes the functionality of the Power Release tailgate a step further by letting the user raise the tailgate with just a push of a button. This feature is available on the LTZ and standard on High Country. Additional enhancement such as available 120-volt outlet near the tailgate, lighting around the hitch, cargo box, and perimeter of the truck and larger CornerStep footwells are all available to make the life of the consumer easier.
- Starts at $32,200
- Chevrolet graphic grille and tailgate
- Blacked-out grille, bumpers and trim
- Ecotec2 4.3L V6 engine with Active Fuel Management™
- 12 standard Durabed tie-downs
- Starts at $38,800
- Keyless Open and Start
- Body-color center bar, bumpers and door handles
- LED headlamps, taillamps, foglamps and cargo area lighting
- 18-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Starts at $43,000
- Chrome grille, center bar, bumpers, mirror caps, door handles, and beltline accents
- 18-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Advanced trailering features
- Perforated leather-appointed seating
- Starting at $36,900
- Chrome center bar, bumpers, and mirror caps
- 8-inch digonal color touch-screen display
- 17-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- LED headlamps with LED signature daytime running lamps
- Starting at $48,300
- 2-inc factory suspension lift with Z71 Off-Road Package
- 18-inch Black wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Off-Road tires
- Autotrac® 2-speed transfer case
- Ecotec3 5.3L V8 engine with Dynamic Fuel Management and dual exhaust
- Starts at $53,000
- Exclusive grille and center bar with two-tone Bronze and Chrome finish
- Industry-first Power Up/Down tailgate
- High-intensity LED (HID) headlamps
- 20-inch machined-aluminum wheels
- Starts at $39,500
- 2-inch factory suspension lift
- Z71 Off-Road Package
- 18-inch Black wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Off-Road tires
- Autotrac® 2-speed transfer case
- Starts at $34,600
- 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen
- Signature LED taillamps
- 20-inch Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
If you haven’t taken the all new Chevrolet Silverado on a test driver yet stop by Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC! On Friday, March 8th wewill be hosting our Silverado Open House held at the dealership. Test drive any of our 2019 Silverado models, and learn about what makes it stand out from the competition. We will have prizes and giveaways throughout the day with staff on hand to answer any of your questions!
Are you ready to take your off-roading adventures to the extreme? Chevrolet has teamed up with American Expedition Vehicles (AEV)for the first time to bring you the new Colorado ZR2 Bison and we have it right here in Wilmington, NC at Jeff Gordon Chevrolet.
This Bison will be ready to take off-roading as soon as you take it off the lot, as it comes equipped with many protective features straight out of the factory.
5 skid plates which cover the engine oil pan, fuel tank, transfer case, and both front and rear locking differentials. The 5 skid plates are constructed of hot-stamped Boron steel which is a rarity for a production vehicle.
AEV- designed stamped steel front and rear bumpers is also a key focus on off-road protection. The steel bumpers give you excellent protection while traversing obstacles like rocks and logs.
Other key components are; trail recovery with the front featuring winch provisions and recovery points which are integrated into the rear. Another one is standard fog lights below the traditional headlights.
Rather than the traditional Chevrolet bow-tie, the Bison will have an exclusive flow-through “CHEVROLET” lettering grille. “Bison” decals are on the bedsides along with an “AEV Bison” logo on the tailgate of the new Colorado variant.
Wrapping the all-new ZR2 Bison-specific 17×8 inch aluminum tires wheels are the 31-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac off-road tires. A standard all-terrain ZR2 Bison spare tire comes with the truck along with special larger ZR2 Bison fender flares, the Bison-specific wheels and fender flares were co-developed by AEV.
- Bedliner, Spray-on, Black with Chevrolet logo (Includes ZR2 logo.)
- Bumpers, rear, Black
- Cargo box light, back of the cab
- Door handles, body-color
- Glass, windshield shade band
- Headlamps, projector type
- Mirror, spotter, located in corner of driver-side outside mirror
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding
- Moldings, Black beltline
- Pickup box
- Tailgate handle, Black (Not available with (SCZ) Chrome tailgate handle, LPO.)
- Tailgate, EZ-Lift, and Lower
- Tailgate, locking
- Tire, spare P265/65R17 all-terrain, blackwall
- Tires, P265/65/R17 all-terrain, blackwall, 31″ Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac
- Wheel, spare, 17″ x 8″ (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum
- Wheels, 17″ x 8″ (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum
- Window, rear-sliding, manual
The Bison features embroidered AEV-logo floor liners and headrests. Along with all of these other features:
- Air conditioning, single-zone automatic climate control
- Console, floor, front compartment, custom
- Console, overhead
- Cruise control, electronic, automatic
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Display, driver instrument information enhanced, multi-color
- Door locks, power
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
- Floor mats, carpeted front (Not available with (ULV) Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition.)
- Floor mats, carpeted rear (Not available with (ULV) Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition.)
- Handles, door release, front, and rear, Chrome
- Lighting, interior, dual reading
- Lighting, interior, roof, rear courtesy and dual reading lights (Crew Cab models only.)
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
- Remote Keyless Entry, extended range
- Remote vehicle starter system
- Seat adjuster, 4-way power front passenger
- Seat adjuster, driver 6-way power
- Seat adjuster, power driver lumbar control
- Seat adjuster, power passenger lumbar control
- Seat, rear folding bench (Crew Cab models only.)
- Seats, front bucket
- Seats, heated driver, and front passenger
- Speedometer, miles/kilometers
- Steering column, tilt and telescopic
- Steering wheel controls mounted audio controls
- Steering wheel, heated
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Theft-deterrent system, immobilization
- Theft-deterrent system, unauthorized entry
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated sliding vanity mirrors
- Windows, power with driver Express-Up and Down
- Wireless Charging for compatible cell phones (expanded capability)
Want to take this beauty for a test drive or even better take it home? Come by Jeff Gordon Chevrolet to check it out! See all of the awesome features, and plan your new off-roading experience with the all-new Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison.